Do you have an event to add to the AUSTAT Calendar? Download the Events Template
AUSTAT 2021 AGM
November 14 @ 10:30 am - 3:00 pm
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The AUSTAT Secretary hereby gives notice under Section 44 and 45 of the AUSTAT Constitution that the Thirty-Eighth Annual General Meeting of the Australian Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique (AUSTAT) Inc. will be held by Teleconference at:
VARIOUS LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT AUSTRALIA & OVERSEAS
If you would like to attend the AGM via Teleconference, please register at https://tinyurl.com/r4xxxkac
DATE: Sunday 14th November 2021 from 11.00am to 3.00pm (AEDT)
- 10.30am – 11.00am Registration.
- 11.00am – 12.30pm Business
- 12.30pm – 1.15pm Lunch
- 1.15pm – 3.00pm Business and Close
The business of the AGM shall be:
- to confirm the minutes of the preceding annual general meeting
- to receive the report of the Chairperson on the past year’s activities
- to receive the statement of receipts and expenditure, assets and liabilities
- to elect the members of Council
- to review and set the AUSTAT Entrance and Annual Membership Fees
- to consider any motion of which due notice has been given
- to attend to any general business
If you are unable to attend the AGM, please participate in the collective decision-making of the Society by appointing a proxy. Proxy form is below
Members are reminded that motions for discussion at the 2021 AGM should be received by the Secretary, by Thursday 30th September 2021, addressed to:
Post: PO Box 409, Benalla Vic 3671
Details of motions and nominations will be sent by email after this date to all members.
Signed: Sharon van Doorn
AUSTAT Secretary. August 10th 2021
AGM forms and paperwork – click below to download
CLICK HERE to read Chris Raff’s guidelines for placing motions before an AGM (make sure you are logged in to view this)
AUSTAT General Meetings
Treatment of Abstentions for Votes on Motions
Policy agreed at AUSTAT Council Meeting 376, 9 August 2020
AUSTAT Council agree that, irrespective of past practice, for future General Meetings:
- The total ‘votes cast’ will be the sum of votes clearly marked as ‘for’ or ‘against’.
- AUSTAT will adopt the policy on abstentions and opposing to motions as recommended by Justice Connect regarding abstaining from voting and opposing Some members may decide not to vote at all (that is, ‘abstain from voting’) and they may wish to have the secretary record their names in the minutes as having abstained. Other members may oppose the motion and request that their opposition be noted.
- To improve clarity for future meetings, the minutes of general meetings will record the total numbers of votes cast ‘for’ and ‘against’ a poll, and also (for information purposes) the numbers of recorded abstentions.
To read the full document CLICK HERE
- Legal Requirements – Ordinary and Special Resolutions
- Past AUSTAT Practice at General Meetings
- Decision made at the AUSTAT SGM (February 2020)
- Practice elsewhere (Australia and Overseas)
- AUSTAT General Meetings – Future Practice.
Constitution dates to remember:
14 August 2021– 3 month rule – 45(b) The Secretary shall summon the AGM And circulate the time and places of that meeting to all members. Such notice shall be given a least three months before the date of the meeting or such lesser period as the Council, in exceptional or unforeseen circumstances, may deem necessary
30 September 2021 – 45 day rule – 45( c) Any Teacher Member shall be entitled to move any resolution at the AGM in which case he or she shall give notice thereof in writing to the Secretary at least 45 days prior to the date of such a meeting.
14 October 2021 – 1 month rule – 45 (d) At least one month prior to the date of the AGM the Secretary shall give notice to all members of the business to be transacted thereat together with a copy of the Balance Sheet and Accounts (Attn Treasurer) and together also with a list of the persons who have been proposed for election to the Executive Council and for the office of Chairperson