Stefanie Faye is a renowned neuroscience educator whose growth mindset podcasts and writings provide a good contextual background for understanding the science behind Alexander Technique.
Stefanie is holding a once-per-month workshop from 4th October 2023 until June 2024. The seminars will be held Tuesday 7:30pm PST which translates to Wednesdays 12:30pm (lunchtime) EDST for us.
This is the overview of seminar topics:
- Seminar 1 Neuroplasticity and Early Childhood Experiences.
- Seminar 2: Emotion Regulation and Regulatory Flexibility
- Seminar 3: Attachment, Attunement and Affiliative Hormones
- Seminar 4: Distortions in Communication and Cognition
- Seminar 5: What are emotions? A look at appraisals and coping
- Seminar 6: Face-Voice-Heart Connections. Frequencies and configurations.
- Seminar 7: ‘Use your words’: How language helps us regulate
- Seminar 8: Empathy and Social Understanding. How human minds understand intentions and internal states.
- Seminar 9: Relational resilience: how to use neuroscience to build thriving families, partnerships and communities.
Stefanie has been kind enough to offer Alexander Teachers a very generous discount of $492AUD for all nine seminars. If you are interested in attending call Michael Shellshear on 0448 406 881 as soon as possible to guarantee your place.